Seeking Data Analytics Expertise for Motion (Inertial) & Physiology Data Sets
IPI is working with our Open Innovation partner from UK to assist their client, a leading developer of portable/handheld, lifestyle electronic devices, to look for data analytics expertise.
The client has collected initial data from the device and wishes to better understand the relevance of the data for future studies and ongoing product development. The data contains physiological data by use of a wearable (heart rate, galvanic skin response, etc.) and inertial (motion) data from rudimentary sensors embedded in the device (gyroscope, accelerometer, magnetometer). They wish to review the inertial data (e.g. understanding what is background noise from detectable events such as a handshake or gestures), understand which physiological data attributes are important, how this might impact the users' behaviour (or movements), and the relationship between the data sets.
Scope of work required:
- Provide initial insights on inertial data - ensuring collecting appropriate data, advise which metrics most useful moving forward, set up reference measurements for gesture analysis
- Provide insights to physiological data and its relevance to events
- Review and transform/clean data to ensure relevant data is available
- Analysis of data to provide direction for future studies
- Work with client to enable the move from batch processing of legacy datasets to a dynamic system capable of stream analytics - cleansing data streams to enable real-time actionable insights